Monday, June 19, 2006

Thanks again Twisted Noggin for your comments. Your visits remind me that I am not living inside some vacuum and that there really is life on this planet. I intend to visit others' blogs soon...but I am really tired tonight...perhaps tomorrow night.

Ever just sit in the deep of night and listen, feel, sense what is around you? There is something so energizing in the silence; the quiet hiss; the distant sounds; the cover of darkness. I should feel lonely, but I feel energized. I should sleep but I want to soak it in.

Have you ever gone through the motions of living out a given moment or situation while pretending someone was watching you...someone who was admiring you from afar and so every move became a gesture beckoning them? I have never done that (of course)... but if I had it would have been just some silly game I learned to play with myself long ago to keep from facing what seemed to be the awful truth that no one saw, no one cared and no one was watching...ever (though I was wrong). I better look out or I will have every shrink on the planet trying to sucker me into therapy! LOL.

I think one very kewl result of that experience though is the fact that I am sensitive to those who suffer from the same loneliness and so I can reach out to them when they need it most...if I can get over me long enough to see them.

1 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

When you are in the grips of some sort of sorrow, most people hesitate to share their own problems. But honestly, I LOVE it when I can be rescued from my own inner-turmoil by thinking of someone else's trouble for a while. Yeah, it feels good to be there for others and part of that is BECAUSE it can help you "get over me long enough to see them".

As for going through motions as if someone is watching, I think we all do that. Those of us with over-active imaginations probably do it much, much more though. I have conversations with people that aren't there, sometimes, wishing I could say what I want to say, etc...

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home